With Snovio you can set triggers for multiple-step email campaigns.
To create a campaign follow these steps:
1. Find our Campaigns feature in the top menu.
2. Click on the New Drip Campaign button.
Now you are in the Campaign creation window. You can add the details of the Campaign in the left sidebar.
3. Set the name of the Campaign.
It will be displayed in your Campaigns list. Your addressees won’t see it.
4. Choose an email account or set up a new SMTP account
- Please note, that you can add only Gmail or Gsuite account for email sending.
- Choose one of your active accounts or set up a new account.
- All your active email and SMTP accounts are displayed in the drop-down menu.
- If you have not yet chosen an email for sending the campaign, you will still be able to save your campaign without launching it.
To launch the campaign you must add a valid email account.
5. Choose emails to send your campaign to:
- In case if prospect has several emails, you can send campaign to all emails, or only to their primary one.
- You can exclude unverified and/or catch-all emails.
6. Create the steps of your Campaign.
Start is an unchangeable first step of every campaign.
At this stage you should select the list of prospects that will receive your Campaign messages. Click on the click to edit option (1) and select one of your lists in the drop-down menu (2).
Note: The campaign will be started for all prospects in the list, those added before the start of the campaign and all those who will be added in the future.
You can look through the list of campaign receivers and disable the campaign for specific email addresses.
After the Start step, you can choose 4 types of elements to build your Campaign: Email, Trigger, Delay and Goal.
It is a drag-and-drop model: just click on the element you need to add as a step and drop it in the Campaign creation area, then connect the steps by dragging a line between them.
Emails are the most crucial part of the Campaign, as they are how you interact with the prospect.
After clicking on this step you will see a window where you can create your message.
You can add variables to the subject line.
You can also add variables to the message.
Note: If you add user attributes in your message but the data isn’t available, a blank space will be added instead of the variable.
You can add trackable links in your message. To do this, click on the link icon in the menu and add your link.
Note: If you copy-paste your link into the message, it will not be tracked. Make sure you use the link icon in the menu.
This is the element that makes automated campaigns interactive. Triggers determine the next step in the automation flow.
At the moment, there are 2 types of triggers:
- Contact opened the email.
- Contact clicked on the link in the email.
When the addressee performs the action you’ve set as a trigger, the next step is activated.
You can specify the Goal an accomplishment of which you want to track.
Just name your goal and in the statistics you will see how many times it has been reached.
As soon as the goal is reached, the campaign for this addressee stops and they are sent no further emails in this automation flow.
You can set the Delay between your follow-ups, if you want to send emails one by one with the definite delay, regardless of recipients actions.
Here’s an example of what a ready-to-launch campaign roadmap looks like:
Note: If you leave the Campaign creation window without saving the changes to your campaign, the latest draft of the campaign will be automatically saved. When opening the Campaign creation window again, you will be offered to restore the campaign with the latest changes.
7. Start your campaign with just 1 click.
If everything is set correctly, you will see your Campaign as Active.
8. Edit your campaign.
You can edit or copy your campaign, but only when it is paused. After you’ve edited the campaign, you will can resume in the campaign window.
If the email account you’ve chosen for sending the campaign becomes invalid for any reason, your campaign will be paused and you will receive an email notification. Once the problem is fixed, you will be able to resume the campaign.