To send your first message, set up an email account on the page https://app.snov.io/email-account.
You’ll see 2 options there – Gmail account, or any other email service SMTP account setup.
Setting up a Gmail account
- Select the Gmail option in the pop-up window.
- Choose the email account that you will be using for sending messages
- Log in to your Gmail account by entering the password
- The connection will be established automatically
2) Fill in the required fields.
Sender name – a name that the recipient will see in their incoming messages from you.
Messages per day – maximum number of messages that can be sent from the account per day. We recommend not exceeding the limit of 400 emails per day for your Gmail account.
(if the limit is exceeded Gmail may stop sending messages)
Setting up your email account manually by entering the parameters to connect to an SMTP server
For an email provider other than Gmail, you need to enter the email server settings manually
Sender name – a name the recipient will see in their incoming messages from you.
Email from – email address from which the emails will be sent
Credentials – login and password to access your email account
- Login – your username on the email server (usually it’s your email address)
- Password – your password on the email server
- Host – name of the email server (usually has this format smtp.domainname.com)
- Port – port number for email sending (usually it is 465 or 587) and settings for using TLS/SSL.
Messages per day – max number of messages that can be sent from an account per day. This parameter shouldn’t exceed the limit set by your provider (if applicable)
Before you save the settings you have entered, please check the validity of the entered data by clicking the Check button.
A connection to the test server will be established. If it was successful this icon will appear
If it wasn’t successful this icon will appear
By hovering your mouse over this icon an error the SMTP server detected will be displayed.
If the settings were entered correctly, just save the settings and proceed to sending your messages.
It is possible to add multiple accounts to the list so that you can conveniently select the account you need to send emails from, although only one email account can be set as default. Email sending will be done through your default account.