How to connect your Gmail account to Snov.io via SMTP
In this tutorial, you’ll find step-by-step instructions on how to generate an app password and connect your Gmail inbox to Snov.io via SMTP.
When creating a new SMTP account in Snov.io, it is crucial to keep your provider’s security policies in mind.
Here’s our guide on how to connect your Gmail via SMTP and authorize Snov.io app to integrate with your Gmail inbox while keeping your account safe and secure.
Generate an app password in Gmail
- Log into your Gmail inbox.
- Click on your account avatar in the top right and go to the Manage your Google Account menu.
- On the next screen, select the Security tab on the left-hand side.
- Scroll down to the Signing in to Google section.
Before generating an App password, you will have to enable 2-Step Verification.
If it’s turned off, the App password option will not be available.
- Select 2-Step Verification
- Click Get started on the next screen
- Follow the on-screen steps and complete the setup process. You will see that 2-Step Verification is On.
Select the App passwords option.
You may be prompted to Google sign in page. Enter your Gmail password to continue.
Under Select app, choose Mail, and under Select device, choose Other (custom name).
You can type Snov.io here.
Click on the Generate button once the app and device are selected.
On the next screen, you will get your app password. It’s a 16-digit passcode that grants Snov.io access to your Google Account.
Copy it to the safe place and continue to the next step.
When you change the default password for your Gmail account, your App password is revoked. If that’s the case, you should create a new App password and update it in Snov.io SMTP settings.
Add a new email account
- Navigate to Account –> Email Accounts page
- Click the Add email address button
- Choose the SMTP type
Add SMTP and IMAP settings
Fill out the SMTP settings:
- From name: Your name
- Username: Your full Gmail email address (e.g. email@example.com)
- Password: Your app password
- SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com
- Port: 465
- Encryption method: SSL
- Messages per day: how many emails your account will be sending daily (the number should be lower or equal to ESP’s limit)
- Fixed or Random delay: Snov.io will send every single email with an interval you specify
Fill out the IMAP settings:
- IMAP host: imap.gmail.com
- Port: 993
- Encryption method: SSL
Click the Save settings button to save your configuration and create a new email account.
Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a message in the live chat if you need help.
Thanks for your feedback!
Sorry about that 😢
How can we improve it?