In one of our previous articles, we’ve already discussed how to use AI for email marketing – ChatGPT has proven to be effective here. But email services decided to bring the idea of AI powered email writing right to their platforms, giving users far more possibilities for automation and personalization.
In this post, we’ll discuss eight most effective email assistant AI tools that are able to streamline your email campaigns the way you never thought possible.
We’ll start from the basics, as usual, but if you feel too busy these days to read the whole article, here is a quick scroll-down to their comparison table🙂
What are AI email assistants?
AI Email assistants are software applications that use artificial intelligence (AI) technology to help you manage your email communication more efficiently by automating email writing for you.
By leveraging AI algorithms and language models, these assistants provide you with valuable suggestions and tools to compose well-crafted and engaging email messages.
How do AI email assistants work?
If you’ve already read our post about ChatGPT, you know that you can ask ChatGPT to write marketing and sales emails based on your prompts.
AI email assistants do the same thing as they mostly rely on OpenAI ChatGPT functionality. But some of them can also analyze the behavior of email recipients to give you insights on the content of follow-ups or suggest ways to improve and personalize your emails.
Now let’s take a look at the benefits of using an AI email assistant for your campaigns.
Why you should use AI email assistant
Two basic benefits of AI email assistants are automation and email copy improvement. These tools speed up the time it takes you to write emails, with no risk to personalization – they can help you generate personalized subject lines or opening lines in no time.
—> Hurry up to learn the best personalization tricks for your email in 2023
Another benefit of AI-powered email writing is that such tools let you apply AI for emails and improve their copies, both grammatically and stylistically. As a result, your emails become more appealing to read and more likely to be responded to.
Finally, with AI email assistants, you can quickly generate new ideas for your email copies, avoiding that one-copy-for-all approach your prospects hate so much.
More conversions, stronger relationships with prospects, higher productivity, …and faster sales cycles.
Email AI assistant features
But what are the key functionalities that make AI email assistants a real finding for marketers and salespeople? I would name not less than six of them (I am sure you’ll expand the list as soon as you try these tools on your own):
Proofread and error correction
AI assistants can automatically identify and correct grammar and spelling errors in real-time, offering you suggestions for improvements.
Writing style improvement
AI assistants analyze the content and tone of the email to provide alternative word choices, sentence restructuring, or tone adjustments based on your needs.
AI assistants can help personalize email content by suggesting ways to address recipients, referring to previous interactions, or including relevant details.
AI assistants often provide a library of pre-written email templates for various purposes, such as introductions, follow-ups, or meeting requests. These templates serve as a starting point for users, saving time and providing structure to the email-writing process.
Subject line optimization
AI assistants can analyze subject lines and offer suggestions to make them more attention-grabbing, concise, or impactful, therefore increasing the likelihood of email opens and responses.
8 August 2022
AI assistants can assess the overall tone of the email and provide suggestions to ensure it aligns with the desired level of formality or professionalism. This helps users strike the right balance and create an appropriate tone for different recipients and contexts.
8 Best AI email assistants to boost your email outreach
1. Snov.io – the best AI email assistant under the roof of a cold outreach platform
Known as an all-inclusive platform for cold outreach and one of the best sales automation solutions for small businesses on the market, Snov.io has just launched a new product – Email AI assistant. This AI-powered functionality is embedded into Snov.io Email drip campaigns tool so you can create a unique email copy right as you’re building your campaign.
You can choose among a variety of instructions (e.g. write an email, enter custom prompt, change tone, etc.), email types (sales email, upsell email, follow-up, etc.), and email focus (e.g. focus on pain points, focus on needs, etc.), to make the email copy most relevant to your goals.
All you need to do is to tell Snov.io Email AI assistant what’s special about your brand and offer, and the tool will create a well structured, personalized email with an engaged subject line in seconds.
Besides using built-in presets, you can write your own prompts to generate emails specifically personalized for your business goals.
- In-built and custom prompts. You can choose among Snov.io prompts or write your own ones based on your needs.
- Easy email compose. The tool composes the whole email (subject lines, email body, ending) within seconds.
- Email generation based on summary. You can write a brief email outline and Snov.io Email AI will quickly turn it into a complete email, packed with all the details you need.
- Grammar check and email improvement. Email AI takes your existing drafts to the next level, allowing you to fine-tune and customize the email text you provide.
- Follow-up emails generation. Email AI refers to the content of the previous email in your sequence and automatically generates the email text for you.
- Translation to 36 languages. You can translate your emails and send localized versions, connecting with customers in their native language and reach a wider audience.
The best thing about Snov.io Email AI Writer is that you can use it together with all other Snov.io tools for your successful sales process and cold email outreach – at once price, all included into one plan.Here are additional Snov.io features:
- Email finding. Be prepared to find any email address on the web, both single and in bulk, from any company website, LinkedIn, Twitter, Snov.io database, etc. Snov.io has proven to be one of the best email lookup services available.
- Email verification that helps you make sure you’ll be sending emails to only valid contacts.
- Email drip campaigns that put your email sending on total autopilot, from the initial email to the complex sequences of triggered follow-ups. Plus you can access hundreds of email templates for various purposes.
- Email warm-up that allows you to prepare your email account for bulk email campaigns and improve your email deliverability.
- CRM that helps you organize your deals and manage prospects in a pipeline view.
- Integrations. You can integrate Snov.io with 5K favorite tools.
Snov.io Email AI is available at all paid plans. The basic plan will cost you $39 per month, but as was mentioned above, at this price, you’ll get all inclusive: a CRM, a cold email outreach platform with the Email AI assistant, an email finder and verifier, and an email warm-up tool.
2. Lyne.ai – AI email assistant for generating opening lines
Lyne offers AI-powered sales personalization for ambitious growth professionals. The AI email assistant would generate highly personalized email opening lines based on contacts you’ve previously scraped with Lyne from Linkedin Sales Navigator or your own contacts you’ve uploaded to Lyne.
- LinkedIn scraper extension that can extract bulk verified lead prospects’ data directly from LinkedIn prior to generating email opening lines for you.
- In-depth personalization: Lyne analyzes personal sources (appearance at podcasts, webinars, article features, Linkedin data, etc.) and company sources (website, blog, news, case studies) to come up with highly personalized intro lines for your emails.
- Back-up lynes: Lyne generates two variations of opening lines so you can always choose the alternative line if needed.
- Subject lines generator that is offered as a bonus feature.
- Integrations with popular tools such as Hunter.io, LinkedIn, Reply.io, Mailshake, and more.
→ You can also connect Lyne with Snov.io campaigns to automate your cold outreach.
Lyne offers a free plan that allows you to generate 25 email opening lines. The basic paid plan starts at $120 per month. The LinkedIn Scraper starts at $39 for 2000 credits per month.
3. SmartWriter – AI email assistant for your sales and linkbuilding outreach
SmartWriter promises to generate 1000s of personalized emails and grow your replies by 8 times in minutes. While you may have some doubts such a result is achievable ‘in minutes’, there are no doubts that SmartWriter should be included in this list of best AI email assistants.
What is special about this tool is that it uses your prospect’s online data to create punchy personalized cold emails for sales or backlinks at scale, which makes it a real finding for specialists in sales and link building outreach.
- AI personalized outreach that uses a prospect’s online data (AI analyzes your prospects website to find case studies, blogs, Google news, LinkedIn profiles of leaders) to create emails.
- LinkedIn lead generation and outreach. The tool scans the profiles of LinkedIn leads and creates persuasive and personalized emails for each contact.
- Deep lead enrichment. The tool scrapes 2.3 billion pages to find everything relevant and fresh about your prospect.
- Automated SEO backlink outreach: This AI solution reads a blog, understands the context, and creates a hyper personalized backlink request email using the blog content to scale your link acquisition.
- Email verification. Smartwriter AI provides a powerful email verification tool to verify your prospect’s email addresses.
- Integrations with popular tools including Lemlist, Woodpecker, Mailshake, Google Sheets, etc.
- Free email quality check. This bonus tool looks through your email copy, grades it and provides analysis of its quality issues.
SmartWriter offers a 7-day free trial. The basic paid plan starts at $59 per month.
4. Flowrite – AI email assistant that works right in your Inbox
If you need an email AI assistant that would just cope with generating professional email copies for you, consider Flowrite AI Writer.
The tool works both as a Web app and as a Chrome extension based on a simple algorithm: you choose a message template, give short instructions, providing any specific information (company name, role) for better personalization, and Flowrite generates highly personalized email messages.
- Works in your inbox. Flowrite beautifully syncs with your favorite email and messaging tools like Gmail.
- Three email alternatives. The AI writer provides you with three high-quality alternatives that are uniquely personalized to the recipient so you could choose the one that you like the best or iterate.
- Reply suggestions. You don’t need to write from scratch as Flowrite automatically suggests personalized replies to your emails.
- Integrations with dozens of popular apps.
- The AI template gallery where you may find the most common emails across roles and teams.
There is a 14-day free trial. The basic paid plan will cost you $5.62 (€5) per month.
5. Mailbutler – AI email assistant with incredible email tracking possibilities
Mailbutler Smart Assistant can write, respond to, and summarize emails, improve spelling and grammar, plus automatically create tasks and contacts. The tool works with the three most popular email clients: Apple Mail, Microsoft Outlook, and Gmail.
What makes this AI-powered email assistant special is amazing tracking possibilities. You can track email opens and clicks, getting real-time notifications, browse link tracking history, get in-depth insights into your tracked emails, including how long it took for you to receive a reply, how long you waited, and which link was clicked.
- Smart compose. With Mailbutler’s AI email assistant, you can provide a few keywords, and the Smart Assistant will draft an email for you.
- Smart response. Simply enter a few keywords and the AI email assistant will generate a response.
- Smart summarise. Mailbutler can instantly give you an overview of all pertinent details from an email.
- Smart improve. The tool can provide you with suggestions on how to improve spelling and grammar of your emails.
- Contact finder. The AI email assistant finds all relevant information about your contact, which you can further edit.
- Task finder. The tool can scan your email and quickly give you a list of to-dos that need to be completed based on the email content.
Additional features included into the price:
- Smart send later. This feature allows you to schedule your emails to be sent per your and your users’ convenience.
- Email tracking. Mailbutler’s email tracker app for Gmail, Outlook and Apple Mail gives you insights into when, where, and how many times your emails and links were opened.
- Email signature. You can also create professional, customizable email signatures.
- Email templates. You can create your own message templates with personalized placeholders, and easily insert them into your emails to save time and be more productive.
- Tasks. The tool enables you to attach notes and tasks to your emails and contacts.
- Collaborations. You can share notes, tasks, signatures and templates with your team members.
There is a 14-day free trial. The basic paid plan will cost you $14.95 per month.
6. Lavender – AI email coach and personalization assistant
Lavender positions itself as an sales AI email coach, meaning they train teams on how to improve email so that it gets maximum reply chances. What is more, this service empowers managers to coach sellers using real data-backed insights, which makes them more confident, effective, and efficient with emails.
- Email quality rate and analysis. Lavender rates your emails 0 to 100, providing you with detailed insights on what should be improved.
- Personalization. The tool uses a recipient’s email to give you information about your prospect (bio, personality traits, work history, activity, etc). You can leverage all this information to personalize your outreach.
- Integrations. The AI assistant sits inside Gmail, Outlook, Outreach, Salesloft, Linkedin, Salesforce, Twitter, and other popular platforms.
Provided you’re a student, jobseeker, or bootstrapped entrepreneur; Lavender offers a free plan whereby you get 5 email corrections and personalization for free. The basic paid plan will cost you $29 per month (if you want to integrate with such platforms as Outreach, Salesloft, or Hubspot, you need to buy a more advanced plan). In addition, there is a 7-day free trial.
7. Compose.ai – best free AI email assistant
Need a free AI solution for your email writing? Then try Compose.ai. Being available in Google Docs, Gmail, and Outlook, this Chrome extension can cut your writing time by 40% with AI-powered autocompletion & text generation.
- Easy email compose and reply. Write full email messages from just a few words and generate professional full email replies with a single click. The only thing you need to type to start composing is //.
- Personalization. The tool learns your “voice” and suggests personalized phrases as well as the most fitting tone for your emails.
- Autocomplete and rephrase. Just start typing a word and Compose.ai will display suggestions. You can quickly edit your writing as the tool will eagerly suggest new ways to render your idea.
Compose.ai is a free extension.
8. Missive – AI email writer that syncs your team around email
Missive offers an OpenAI integration working as an AI email assistant and helping you create and reply to emails, fix grammar and spelling errors, translate messages — well, all ChatGPT would do for you.
Yet, there is something that may attract you in this AI-powered tool. Missive operates as a team email and cooperation tool that allows you to collaborate on emails, manage shared inboxes, and assign tasks – all in one place.
- Canned responses. The AI tool can access your canned responses and use the related ones as a source of knowledge to reply to any messages using contextual data from your business.
- Prompt engineering. By using Prompt menu, you can write your own prompts asking the tool to write any email copy and playing with various tones; or use the prompt templates for the repetitive tasks.
- Message translation. The integration allows you to easily communicate with international customers by translating messages into various languages.
- Collaboration. The tool allows you to unite your team around emails and manage email correspondence together.
- GPT-3.5 as well as GPT-4 support. This Email AI assistant supports the newest ChatGPT version too.
If you want to use Missive AI Integration, you should buy a Productive plan that would cost you $18 per month.
Best AI email assistants: comparison table
Majority of Email AI assistants we’ve described above work based on the same functionality and possess similar features. So, in this final chapter, we’ve tried to compare these tools against those factors that may be the most important for you while making your choice – complexity, price, and additional features.
We’ve acquainted you with eight AI email assistants that have already demonstrated excellence in improving users’ email performance at the drop of the hat. All of them will help you write killer error-free email copies and bring you more replies. Now the choice is yours. You may choose from a simple free Chrome extension solution to something more sophisticated and pricey.
But if you’d like to use an Email AI writer perfectly complementing the multifunctional cold outreach toolset, don’t miss a chance to try Snov.io – the platform that knows how it feels to deal with email outreach campaigns.
Now it’s time for you to know how it feels when much of your time and energy is effectively spared on high-priority tasks.