Through this article, you will learn how to create a campaign email from scratch or use one of pre-written templates.
- Add email element to a sequence
- Add email contents
- Preview email
- A/B testing variants
- Alternative ways to add email content
Email is the key component of your campaign. It’s vital to create content that your prospects will be engaged with and responsive to.
The email editor in our campaign builder lets you create eye-catching personalized emails that include all the necessary ingredients: text, images, links, attachments, and email variables.
Here’s your guide to adding emails and setting their contents:
Add email element to a sequence
When you’re on the Sequence step in a campaign builder, add an email element:
- drag it onto the field below the previous element until you see a dotted line
- drop to connect with the previous element
- click the Email element to open an email editor on the right
You can expand email editor window by clicking diagonal arrow at the top right.
Add email contents
Let’s overview different types of content you can add to your email and customization options.
Add subject line
Often, this one line of text can make or break an email’s success, so be sure to tailor it to your intended audience.
Type the title of your email to the Subject line field.
Check out the best subject lines for sales and tips for creating yours in our blog post.
The first email must have a subject line. In follow-up emails, you can leave it empty to copy over from the previous email and send in the same thread.
Type the text into email editor area.
At the bottom of the email editor window, you’ll find text-formatting tools: you can change the font style, font size, text color, align text, add bullet lists and emojis, etc.
When copypasting text or other contents from the outside source, original formatting may not be preserved depending on the source.
You can adjust text appearance using in-built text-formatting tools.
You can add a personal touch to your emails by including variables that will be replaced automatically with your prospect’s profile data like name or job position.
- Click the curly brackets to add a variable to the subject line or email body.
- Select a variable from the drop-down list.
Learn more about using email variables for personalization here.
Enter a backup content instead of the “FALLBACK” in a variable. It will be used to replace a variable if a required prospect attribute is missing.
Find out more about what a fallback is and how it works.
Add trackable links
You can insert links to your email copy to contribute to your sales funnel and track engagement.
- Click the Insert/edit link icon on the email editor toolbar.
- In the pop-up window, insert the URL , add text to display, and select how you want the link to open — in a new window or in a current one.
- Click the Save button.
If you copypaste a link from the outside source, it won’t include a tracking option. To allow link tracking, make sure to insert it through the email editor tool.
Add an unsubscribe link
You can insert an unsubscribe link for your recipients to be able to opt out from the emailing list.
- Click the Unsubscribe link icon at the top.
- Add the unsubscribe link text in the pop-up window.
In this help article, learn how to include it to your email signature instead of adding it manually to every email.
Adding images to your email can illustrate important points or complement your message visually.
- Click Upload image icon on the email editor toolbar.
- Select image file on your computer.
- Click Upload.
Upload image option supports JPG, PNG, GIF file formats.
When you need to share documents or presentations with your recipients, you can attach files to your email.
- Click Upload file icon on the email editor toolbar.
- Select file on your computer.
You can upload TXT, DOC, CSV, XLS, PDF, PPTX file formats. The size of all attached files must not exceed 6 MB.
Add Calendly link
You can include Calendly links to your email to direct your recipients to book a meeting with you.
- Click Calendly link on the email editor toolbar.
- Select a meeting link to insert.
This option requires an active Calendly integration. Learn more on how to connect your Calendly to Snov.io here.
As soon as your email is ready, you can preview and test it to ensure it displays as expected in your recipients’ inboxes.
- Click Preview and test
Preview and test mode option lets you check your email content, including formatting, images, attachments, personalization, signatures, and make sure it’s all optimized before sending.
A/B testing variants
The A/B testing feature allows you to test different variations of a single email in your campaign to determine which one performs best.
To add an email variant (up to 5 variants):
- Click + Add variant under the Email element.
- Click the variant to set its contents.
You can add contents to email variants the same way as with regular emails.
Learn more about how to send A/B testing campaigns.
Alternative ways to add email content
Insert HTML code
If you have a pre-built HTML representation of your email, you can insert it into a Source code window.
- Click Source code icon on the email editor toolbar.
- Insert HTML code.
- Click Ok.
Avoid having <style> tags in your HTML email source code. It may cause issues while rendering email’s final look in the recipients’ inbox since most email providers will likely cut them off.
Use a template
Not sure where to start with email contents? Need a ready-to-use template to test your campaign?
Check out our collection of email templates that we’ve compiled for you.
- Click Template at the top toolbar.
- Browse template folders per subject.
- Click a chosen one to load its contents.
You can also save the email you composed yourself as a template to use in future email campaigns:
- Click the Save as template button.
- Choose the template folder.
- Name your template.
- Click Save.
Find your email template in My Templates folder on the Templates page.
Once you have set up the contents of the email, you can add other elements to complete the sequence.
Learn about a trigger element in this article.
Have more questions? We’re here to help at firstname.lastname@example.org or live-support chat.